AA Service Plan
What is a Service Plan?
A service plan is a fundamental plan that pays for the maintenance and repairs that your car needs in accordance with the manufacturer’s schedule. They ONLY cover parts and labour for planned servicing; anything else that needs to be done during a service that is not part of the schedule is at the owner’s own.
Regular services are usually indicated in your manufacturer’s handbook or service kit. Regular servicing is essential to keep your vehicle in safe driving condition, but with this plan you won’t have to budget every year for it, nor worry about inflation, parts or labour cost increases.
Service plans give you peace of mind and help you budget for the servicing costs that come along with owning a vehicle, so you won’t feel the pinch when the time comes for regular servicing.
Take the time to choose a service plan that will keep your car on the road at a reasonable cost because every car has different demands. Service plans should be tailored to your particular needs.
NO HEFTY SERVICING COSTS
CHOOSE YOUR TIMEFRAME
Why should I get a Service Plan?
- No costly annual bills. There’s nothing worse than realising it’s that time of year again and you need to pay for your car to be serviced. Get this regular cost covered by someone else.
- Tailored to suit you. No fixed kilometers will be applied, instead we’ll calculate your unique premium depending on your vehicle’s service history, and the distances you drive.
- Choose your time frame. Buy a service plan for either 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72 or 84 months – whatever suits you best.
PLUS, you can choose to take out a brand new plan or buy an extension to your existing service plan.
How do I qualify?
- Your vehicle has less than 500 000 km and less than 20 years for a Service Plan
- You drive a passenger vehicle for private or business use only
- You drive a 4×4, light commercial vehicle, minibus or panel van
- Your vehicle is registered and is in a roadworthy condition
- Your vehicle’s gross mass does not exceed 3500kg
- Your vehicle is locally manufactured or imported by a local manufacturer (with at least a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty)
Service & Maintenance Plans
What is the difference between a Service Plan and a Maintenance Plan?
A Service Plan covers the cost of scheduled services, as indicated in your manufacturer’s handbook, including the relevant service kit.
A Maintenance Plan covers the cost of scheduled services, as indicated in your vehicle’s handbook, including the relevant service kit, and the cost of any maintenance or mechanical repairs required as a result of normal wear and tear, as specified in the policy wording.
Where can I take my vehicle for services?
You can take your vehicle to any AA Quality service centre or AA Warranties approved service centre. The service centre must contact our claims advisors on 0860 267 267, for authorisation before they proceed.