STAND A CHANCE TO WIN R5,000 IN FUEL
Simply sign up to your local news network and be entered into the draw to win R5,000 in fuel each month. Terms and conditions apply.
Automobile Association Fuel Competition – Terms and Conditions
This competition is subject to the terms and conditions set by The Automobile Association and its data partners. Please take the time to read over ALL the terms and conditions below. Should you enter this competition, The Automobile Association will accept that you have read, understood, and agreed to these terms and conditions.
This competition runs for a period of 4 months from 1 December 2022 until 31 March 2023 (“Competition Period”). No entries received after 23h59 on the last day of the month will be considered for that particular month. Entries received in December 2022 and January 2023 will count as one month. A winner will be drawn for the entries received in both months.
- A R5000 (Five thousand Rand) fuel cash prize to be payable to the winner
- There is 1 (one) cash prize, which will be drawn every month
- The prize is sponsored by The Automobile Association
How to enter:
- Complete the form and subscribe to your local news network and you will automatically be entered into the competition to win the R5,000 fuel cash prize.
Who can enter:
You qualify to enter this competition only if:
- You have entered The Automobile Association Fuel Competition at any time between 1 December 2022 until 28 February 2023 and subscribed to your local news network;
- Only one competition entry per person
- You are an individual i.e., a natural person;
- You are over 18;
- You live in the Republic of South Africa and are either a South African citizen or a permanent resident of South Africa, with valid identity or similar documents to evidence this;
- You aren’t an employee, director, member, partner, agent, consultant, promotor or supplier of The Automobile Association or AA Financial Services Companies or anybody directly or indirectly involved in this competition, nor are you a spouse, life partner, immediate family member, business partner or associate of the aforementioned persons; and
- You may only enter this competition once.
- You will be disqualified from participating in this competition and/or winning any prize if at any time it is discovered that:
- you did not qualify as required to enter this competition;
- you entered or attempted to enter this competition more than once;
- you are not who you say you are and/or fail to sufficiently provide your identity when required;
- you use or attempt to use any automated or digital means to enter yourself in the competition or attempt to manipulate the competition’s results by any means whatsoever including fake identities, automated scripts, robots and the like;
- you have abused or intend to abuse the purpose of this competition, and/or its systems, software code, processes or data and the like and/or you infringe the generally accepted moral norms of society and or the reputations or privacy of any people linked to the competition; and/or
- you do anything to prejudice or harm this competition and/or unfairly or inaccurately influence or attempt to influence the result of the competition in your or anyone else’s favour.
- The Competition Period may be extended or reduced at the discretion of The Automobile Association.
- The winner will be drawn by 12h00 before the 20th of the following month for the previous month’s entries. If the 20th of the month falls on a weekend or public holiday, the winner will be drawn on the following business day. In respect of the draw and the winner:
- The winner will be randomly drawn from the valid and qualifying entrants to the competition as at 23h59 of that particular month;
- The Automobile Association may use an automated random winner selection system to randomly select the winner (“Selection System”) entirely in its discretion;
- The winner will be announced by email sent to the email addresses supplied by entrants;
- If the selected winner fails to claim the prize after 3 emails have been sent over a 5 day period to the email address that the winning entrant provided, then that winner shall be disqualified and shall have no claims against The Automobile Association. Another winner will then be randomly drawn in the same manner as described above. The process will be repeated until a winner successfully claims the prize. In this event, The Automobile Association reserves the right to delay the naming of a winner by the same time it takes to successfully identify one;
- The selection of a winner by The Automobile Association will be final and binding on all the entrants and all parties in any way associated with this competition;
- Neither The Automobile Association or any of their representatives will be obliged to engage in any correspondence or communication related to the use of the Selection System or its workings or the selection of a winner or any matter related to this competition with any party whatsoever, save where required to do so by law;
- The winning entrant, after being successfully identified, will be required to contact The Automobile Association directly (using the details to be provided to the winner) in order to arrange for receipt of the prize. Any correspondence or communication relating to the receipt of the prizes must be addressed directly with The Automobile Association;
- The prize may not be exchanged or transferred;
- The winner shall be required to prove their identity by means of a legally valid South African identity document;
- The winner may be requested to be photographed and participate in publicity that transparently features the prize handover.
- The winner is responsible for any expenses, taxes or charges incurred in respect of the prize, such as investment fees or other expenses that may be incurred.
- Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, The Automobile Association will collect and use personal information about entrants. All personal information provided by entrants will be subject to the respective privacy policies of The Automobile Association and will be stored in a secure repository in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
- Competition entrants agree that The Automobile Association can use their name, and town for purposes of announcing the prize and for related promotional purposes.
- The Automobile Association reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel and/or suspend the competition.
- The Automobile Association, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from an entrant’s participation in this competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
South African law shall govern the terms and conditions of this competition and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.